In case you had any doubt about how the country breaks down along gender, age, race, financial status, religion, education, and community lines, just have a glance at these stats.
- Obama won “Women” by 11 points (55% to 44%). This was very important, because women made up 53% of voters.
- Romney won “Men” by 7 points (52% to 45%). Men were only 47% of voters.
- Obama won “Young voters” (18-29) by an astounding 24 points (60% to 36%). These folks were 19% of total voters.
- Obama won “Young middle aged voters” (30-44) by an impressive 7 points (52% to 45%). These folks were 26% of total voters.
- Romney won “Middle-aged voters” (45-59) by 5 points (52% to 47%). These were 29% of voters.
- Romney won “Older voters” (60+) by 9 points (54% to 45%). These were 25% of voters.
- Obama won “Black voters” by a staggering 87 points (93% to 6%). Blacks were 13% of voters.
- Obama won “Asian voters” by a remarkable 47 points (73% to 26%). Asians were 3% of voters.
- Obama won “Hispanic voters” by a remarkable 44 points (71% to 27%). Hispanics were 10% of voters.
- Romney won “White voters” by 20 points (59% to 39%). Whites were 72% of voters.
- Obama won gay, unmarried, and working-mother, and parents-with-young-kids voters by massive margins.
- Romney won “married” voters.
- Obama won uneducated (no high school), modestly educated (high school), and super-educated (graduate degree) voters.
- Romney won college grads by a small margin.
- Obama won by a staggering margin voters who said their financial situation is the same or better than 4 years ago.
- Romney won by a big margin voters who said their financial situation is worse.
- Obama won households making less than $49,999 by ~20 points
- Romney won households making more than $50,000 by 6-10 points
- Obama easily won voters who classify themselves as Democrats and Liberals and narrowly won those classifying themselves as Moderates
- Romney easily won voters who classify themselves as Republicans and Conservatives, and very narrowly won Independents
- Obama won by a landslide in big cities and easily in small cities.
- Romney won easily in rural areas and more narrowly in the suburbs and towns.
- Obama won Jewish voters handily (2% of voters) and Catholic voters (25% of voters) narrowly
- Romney won protestants (53% of voters) and white evangelical Christians (26% of voters).