June 23, 2013
A roundtable discussion of current events with ATS senior editors Keith Preston, Vincent Rinehart, and Michael Parish.
- Recent gang killings in Chicago and the significance of gangs as a socio-political phenomenon.
- The protests in Turkey and Brazil.
- The limitations and possibilities of protest movements.
- How people choose their political ideologies as package deal consumer products.
- Social media as a double-edged sword.
- How whistleblowers like Edward Snowden, Bradley Manning, or Julian Assange will likely become more common in the future.
- Implications of the public reaction to the Snowden case.
- Possible motives of U.S. foreign policy in Syria.
- The recent elections in Iran.
File type: MP3
Download (right click, ‘save as’)