- Former President Donald Trump is being criticized for dining with far-right activist Nick Fuentes and disgraced rapper Kanye West
- Trump’s former ambassador to Israel David M. Friedman criticized him Friday
- Friedman, who is an Orthodox Jew, tweeted that Trump was ‘better than this’ calling a social visit from an ‘antisemite like Kanye West’ and ‘human scum like Nick Fuentes unacceptable’
- West brought Fuentes to a Mar-a-Lago dinner and sources say the former president ‘knew nothing about’ the people the rapper was with
- On Thursday, West revealed Trump rejected his request to run with him in the 2024 election, less than a week after the rapper announced plans to run
Former President Donald Trump is being criticized for associating himself with far-right activist Nick Fuentes and disgraced rapper Kanye West – two men who have promoted antisemitism and hate – after the three dined together at Mar-a-Lago earlier this week.
David M. Friedman, an Orthodox Jew who served as Trump’s ambassador to Israel during his presidency, publicly blasted the former president for hosting the duo.
‘To my friend Donald Trump, you are better than this,’ he tweeted on Friday.
‘Even a social visit from an antisemite like Kanye West and human scum like Nick Fuentes is unacceptable. I urge you to throw those bums out, disavow them and relegate them to the dustbin of history where they belong.’
Trump was reportedly ‘very taken’ with Fuentes during the impromptu dinner and was impressed by his ability to ‘rattle off statistics and recall speeches dating back to his 2016 campaign’ – but had no clue of his controversial background, sources told Axios.
The Justice Department in a 2021 complaint referred to Fuentes, an alt-right figure, as a ‘white supremacist’ and ‘America First’ podcaster.’ In an episode of his podcast, Fuentes ‘jokingly’ denied the Holocaust and compared Jews who were burnt in Nazi concentration camps to cookies in an oven.
The dinner on Tuesday is the latest example of the former president associating himself with individuals with extreme or racist views despite his own son-in-law Jared Kushner being Jewish and his daughter Ivanka converting to Judaism before their wedding.
Categories: Culture Wars/Current Controversies