Black & Green Wednesday Program on
Envisioning a Greener New Deal
7:00 pm CT, Wednesday, May 5, 2021
We must halt environmental destruction while providing a better quality of life for everyone on Earth. Since our hope has been that alternative energy can replace fossil fuels, it can be overwhelming to learn of its limitations. How real are concerns with nuclear, solar, wind, and hydro-power? How can overcoming capitalism help attain the social justice and shorter work week that humanity needs? This webinar will explore core issues involved in creating a better world while using vastly less energy and producing what we need for a brighter future.
Hear from …
- JOAN McKIERNAN, a Broome Tioga Green Party ecosocialist active in the anti-fracking movement in New York state, is now opposing industrial wind turbines.
- KATIE SINGER (www.OurWeb.tech) reports on renewable power systems’ cradle-to-grave energy use, greenhouse gas emissions, toxic waste and wildlife impacts.
- STAN COX is a research scholar at The Land Institute in Salina, Kansas and author of The Green New Deal and Beyond (City Lights, 2020).
- OMALI YESHITELA, Chairman, African People’s Socialist Party & African Socialist International. Founder, theory of African Internationalism. Revolutionary organizer since 1960’s, launched numerous economic development campaigns.
- DON FITZ, 2016 Missouri Green Party candidate for Governor, is on the Editorial Board of Green Social Thought and author of Cuban Health Care (2020).
Moderator Delilah Barrios (Green Party Latinx Caucus) hosts “As All Get Out” on the The Populist Voice channel.
Please register for the program when you receive this.
The webinar is NO COST, but you need to REGISTER to attend.
To register, click HERE or paste link into your browser:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
Help spread the word via social media by sharing this page:
or share this one:
or this one:
Cosponsors of the zoom meeting include the African National Women’s Organization, African People’s Socialist Party, Attack the System, Broome Tioga Green Party, Black Community Control of the Police, Climate Council of Greater Kansas City, CODEPINK, Gateway Green Alliance, Green Party Albuquerque Metro Area, Green Party of Kansas City, Green Party Latinx Caucus, Green Party of Minnesota, Green Party of New York, Green Party of Pennsylvania, Green Party of San Diego, Green Party of Virginia, Green Party of Washington, Green Party Peace Action Committee, Green Social Thought, Humanity’s Last Stand, Illinois Green Party, Indiana Green Party, Kansas Green Party, Lynne Stewart Organization, NAACP, New Abolitionist Movement, New Afrikan Independence Party, North Carolina Green Party, Pacific Green Party of Oregon, Reports on Our Digital Footprint, Shia Islamic Education Center, Solidarity, Uhuru Solidarity Movement, Universal African Peoples Organization, US-Cuba Normalization Coalition, and Young EcoSocialists.
www.gateway-greens.org For more info, call 314-727-8554