What does it mean when Big Tech is funding a guy who advocates literal totalitarianism, comparable to William Pierce’s “Order” or the Ayatollah Khomeini’s “Council of Guardians,” under the cover of a false “anti-racism”? Of all the political and/or commentariat figures out there today, I’m inclined to argue that the most dangerous ones are Tom Cotton on the Right; Kamala Harris in the Center; and Ibram X. Kendi on the Left.
By Marguerite Ward, Business Insider
- On Thursday, Twitter founder and CEO Jack Dorsey announced via tweet a $10 million donation to Boston University’s Center for Antiracist Research, which was founded by best-selling author and thought leader Ibram X Kendi.
- Dorsey made the gift through his charitable initiative, Start Small.
- Kendi replied via Twitter thanking Dorsey and noting that the gift came “with no string attached.”
- The antiracist thought leader also tweeted: “Racism is a juggernaut. Racist policies + ideas are ubiquitous. We need juggernauts combating racism. We need the ubiquity of antiracist research, policy innovation, narrative change, and activism. Thanks @Jack for supporting the @AntiracismCtr + so many racial justice orgs.”
- Currently, the Center for Antiracist Research is investigating COVID-19’s disproportionate impact on BlPOC individuals (Black, Indigenous, people of color).
- Kendi, author of “How to Be an Antiracist,” “Stamped From the Beginning,” and others, founded the center in July 2020.