From what I can gather “wokesters” come in at least five basic categories:
- ruling class elements seeking to incorporate progressive movements from recent decades into their self-legitimating ideology;
- professional class ladder-climbers engaged in virtue-signaling;
- quasi-religious zealots bent on moral purity akin to the Mormons and their “words of wisdom” (no offense to Mormon readers);
- dangerous totalitarians akin to Maoists and Khomeinists;
- generally well-meaning people with “liberal” or “progressive” social views who often fail to recognize the other four categories for what they are.
I’m curious as to what disagreements readers may have with these categorizations or what other categories readers may be able to identify.