When Trump was elected, there were liberals and leftists call for a reversal of the election by the Electoral College as well.
By Tom Porter, Business Insider
- President Donald Trump has asked aides about a plan to remain in office by subverting the Electoral College, The New York Times reported Thursday.
- Under the plan, GOP-controlled state legislatures would ignore the popular vote in swing states and appoint Trump loyalists as electors to secure the president a second term.
- Business Insider reported earlier Thursday that the plan was gaining currency among some Trump supporters — despite how unlikely it is to work.
- Experts say the plan, though technically possible, would face enormous legal and political obstacles.
- The Times’ sources stressed that though Trump had asked about the plan, he did not seem to entertain it seriously.
Leave a Reply