What is most fascinating about all of this is that it’s all make-believe. There are no existential issues involved, just pretend ones. It’s like the Zimbardo prison experiment where the participants started thinking they were guards/inmates in a real prison, or a group of cosplayers who forget that it’s all imaginary.
Keith Griffith, Daily Mail
- Storefronts from New York to Beverly Hills were being boarded up on Friday ahead of Election Day
- Security officials are preparing for a range of threats, from spontaneous violence to planned attacks
- Left-wing groups plan to gather near the White House in massive demonstration as polls close on November 3
- Biden supporters lay plans for weeks of sustained street actions if Trump refuses to concede the election
- Right-wing groups have also sparked fears of violence in the event of a Biden victory
- Philadelphia has National Guard deployed, as other states ready Guardsmen for activation
Is there other historical examples of civil wars based on make believe? My hunch is that most would have been, but I don’t know enough to say so.