ELIJAH MCCLAIN’S LAST WORDS: he apologized to the cops as they murdered him.
“I have my ID right here. My name is Elijah McClain. That’s my house. I was just going home. I’m an introvert. Please. I’m just different. That’s all. I’m so sorry. I have no gun. I don’t do that stuff. I don’t do any fighting. Why are you attacking me? I don’t even kill flies! I don’t eat meat. But I don’t judge people who do eat meat. Forgive me. All I was trying to do was become better. I Will do it. I will do anything. Sacrifice my identity. I’ll do it. You all are phenomenal. You are beautiful and I love you. Try to forgive me. I’m so sorry. Ow, that really hurt. You are all very strong. Teamwork makes the dream work. (crying) Oh, I’m sorry. I wasn’t trying to do that. I just can’t breathe correctly. I CAN’T BREATHE.”
NOW FOR THE FACTS
Elijah McClain was a massage therapist who played violin for shelter kittens on his lunch break in his hometown of Aurora, Colorado, because he thought the animals were lonely. He was a “quirky, a pacifist, a vegetarian, enjoyed running, and known to put a smile on everyone’s face.” On Aug 23, 2019, he was walking home and was attacked and murdered by 3 white cops: Randy Roedema, Jason Rosenblatt & Nathan Woodyard. Here are the facts, the blatant lies by the cops, and the quick rush to hide this murder.
1. Only one body cam footage was recovered. In that video, you can see the officer approach Elijah, who does not immediately respond to the officer, as he was listening to music.
2. The officer then forcibly grabbed Elijah (weighing 140 pounds) and threw him to the ground saying, “I have a right to stop you because you’re being suspicious.” The officer immediately straddled Elijah and restrained him, then the other 2 officers joined in. One cop is heard yelling at Eliah, “Don’t move again. If you move again, I’m calling in a dog to bite you.”
3. While one handcuffed him, another put him in a carotid hold (a sleeper hold that cuts off blood flow to the brain). They choked him for 15 minutes until Lt. Peter Cichuniec of the Aurora Fire Department arrived.
4. Elijah was handcuffed face down on the ground and unconscious when Lt. Peter Cichuniec ordered a 500 mg Ketamine shot to sedate him. Around minute 15:34 of the video, one of the officers says, “Leave your camera over there.” (as to not be further filmed)
5. Medic Jeremy Cooper administered the lethal dose to Elijah. (500 mg of Ketamine is the dose for a 250 pound man. Elijah was 140 pounds.)
6. Elijah suffered 2 heart attacks from the overdose in the ambulance on the way to the hospital where he was pronounced brain dead. He died 4 days later.
7. His hospital photo shows a broken and bloody nose, swollen and bruised eyes, and “damage to his skull.”
NOW THE BULLSHIT
1. The cops claim they did not beat him. Hospital photos show otherwise.
2. The cops claim he was violent and needed the ketamine to calm down. The video shows otherwise.
3. The autopsy report is heavily falsified and biased; it was either written by the cops, or had pressure by the cops. It claimed, “The decedent was violently struggling with officers who were attempting to restrain him.”- a claim proved false by the video. “Most likely the decedent’s physical exertion contributed to death. It is unclear if the officer’s action contributed as well.”- a blatant lie.
4. One officer accused McClain of reaching for his gun. Another lie proven false by the video. There was no attempt to reach for a gun. There was no time to reach for a gun as Elijah was thrown to the ground and immediately restrained. There was no call out by any cop that a gun was ever reached for. All evidenced on the video.
5. NBC reported- “Due to the level of physical force applied while restraining the subject and his agitated mental state,” officers then called Aurora First Responders, who “administered life-saving measures,” according to a local NBC affiliate. Paramedics injected McClain with what they said was a “therapeutic” amount of ketamine to sedate him, while officers held him down” The news claimed that Elijah fought back, disproved by the video, was in an agitated mental state, disproved by the video, and that the lethal dose of ketamine was therapeutic, disproved by the toxicology reports and his subsequent death.
6. The police claim that all their body cams happened to fall off during the incident. One body cam did capture the entire incident. In the video, a cop is heard telling another to turn the camera away so he is not recorded.
7. DA Young claimed there was no wrongdoing in the case and he closed it. The officers returned to work the following week.
NOW THE UPDATE:
1. Nine months later, there is a huge demand to reopen the case and investigate the cops with the rise of police brutality and some finally being held responsible. Despite the nearly 3millions signatures on a petition for Elijah, DA Young said last week that he has no intention of reconsidering the case. He continued his decision that the police did their job properly.
2. City Manager Jim Twombly disagreed and decided on June 9 to undertake an independent investigation of McClain’s death. 3. So DA Young hired attorney Eric Daigle, a former police officer, to lead the review, a decision that prompted pushback from the city council.
4. Mike Coffman then announced that Daigle’s contract had been terminated, and that he and the city council will select a replacement that can be fair and unbiased. “Clearly, Aurora has no intention of taking responsibility for murdering an innocent young man. Its entire effort is to defend its brutality at all costs, and to lie to the public it is supposed to serve. It is time for a responsible adult to step in.”
5. Governor Jared Polis then signed an executive order to appoint the state’s attorney general, Phil Weiser, to investigate the case and, if the facts support prosecution, “criminally prosecute any individuals whose actions caused the death of Elijah McClain.”
This beautiful soul should be alive today. I will keep posting about him until his murderers are charged and jailed. #JusticeForElijah