Hmm. Rumsfeld endorses Trump while Cheney has implicitly endorsed Hillary. It looks like the imperialists are trying to cover all their bases.
- Rumsfeld tells DailyMail.com that he will vote for the Republicans’ presumptive nominee because he’s a ‘known unknown’ and Hillary Clinton is a ‘known known’
- 9/11-era defense secretary is one of the most senior Republican figures to come out publicly for Trump
- He says Hillary Clinton isn’t qualified to sit in the Oval Office, and ‘would probably be indicted’ over her emails if she were a junior military grunt
- Trump launched an all-out attack on Hillary Clinton on Wednesday at a speech in New York in which he lambasted her as a ‘world-class liar’
- Rumsfeld spoke in an interview while promoting his Android ‘Churchill Solitaire’ app, which recreates Winston Churchill’s favorite card game
Former U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld said Wednesday that he will support Donald Trump with his vote in November.
The declaration, which Rumsfeld made in an interview with DailyMail.com, makes him the highest-ranking member of the George W. Bush administration to back the Republican Party’s presumptive nominee.
It’s ‘not a close call,’ he said in a 25-minute phone interview.
Rumsfeld said he agrees in principle with Trump’s position on reforming the NATO alliance, keeping Syrian refugees at bay over fears of terrorist infiltration, and other issues.
And besides, he added, ‘I’m a Republican, and there’s not any doubt in my mind how I’ll vote,’ and ‘I don’t believe Hillary Clinton is qualified to be President of the United States.’