June 30, 2013
Keith Preston discusses the background and implications of the Supreme Court rulings on gay marriage. Topics include:
- The historic role of the American judiciary as the legal arm of the ruling class.
- The mid-twentieth century shift in American jurisprudence towards the Left.
- The conservative backlash, Republican efforts to pack the judiciary with right-wing appointees, and how conservative successes became failures.
- Why gay marriage has so much symbolic value to both Left and Right even if its practical impact is negligible.
- How cultural, generational, and demographic change will affect the future of the American judiciary.
- Why the Left that will dominate the judiciary in the future will be much more authoritarian and statist than the liberal and progressive Left of past times.
File type: MP3
Download (right click, ‘save as’)
Categories: Attack the System radio