Keith Preston interviews Richard Spencer. Topics include:
- The origins of the “alternative right” and how it differs from the mainstream “conservative movement”;
- The impact of the thought of Friedrich Nietzsche as the principal intellectual influence on the alternative right;
- Why alternative rightists tend towards a more skeptical view of American power around the world than ordinary conservatives;
- The greater willingness alternative right thinkers to entertain a more critical view of Christianity and why Christians on the alternative right tend to lean more towards Catholic traditionalism or Orthodoxy as opposed to the Protestant fundamentalism of American conservatives;
- Why the United States is unsustainable as a nation-state entity.
Richard Spencer is the founder of AlternativeRight.com, executive director of the National Policy Institute, a former editor of Taki’s Magazine and the American Conservative, and host of the Vanguard Internet radio program.