This is the last of three posts regarding the reasons some progressives oppose gun control.
No discussion of gun control would be complete without mentioning the high rate of “lone nut” shooting sprees that occur in the US. I have always found it extremely puzzling that these events are far more common in the US than in other countries with a high rate of gun ownership. There is growing evidence that many of these apparently senseless shootings are actually “false flag” operations. In other words, they are staged by military and intelligence insiders to mobilize public support for gun control legislation.
False flag operations are a classic tool of espionage and deception, an operation in which an attack is planned by one, usually governmental source, but blamed either on another government or a lone nut. In the US, false flag operations are commonly used to terrorize the citizenry into accepting an unpopular war or repressive legislation, such as the Patriot Act.
History is full of false flag operations:
- The 1605 “Gunpowder Plot,” in which Guy Fawkes allegedly tried to blow up the British parliament. The government used the highly publicized event to convince the British people that “drastic measures” were necessary to protect them against their Catholic foes. The unusual circumstances raised suspicions almost immediately and have always been linked to British spymaster Robert Cecil (see http://bowalleyroad.blogspot.com/2010/11/terrorist-or-fall-guy.html).
- 1898 – The sinking of the USS Maine in Havana harbor was immediately pinned on the Spanish and used to justify declaring war on Spain (see http://www.truthmove.org/content/false-flag-operations/)
- 1933 – The Reichstag Fire, believed to have been started by Nazi storm troopers, was blamed on communists and used to justify a Nazi takeover and crackdown on their opposition (see http://www.truthmove.org/content/false-flag-operations/)
- 1941 – The supposed Japanese sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. Declassified documents reveal that the US government knew of the impending attack and allowed it to happen to generate support for US entry into World War II (see http://kennysideshow.blogspot.com/2008/12/10-false-flags-operations-that-shaped.html).
- 1964 – The Gulf of Tonkin incident, in which phantom North Vietnamese ships fired non-existent torpedoes, which President Johnson used to justify a full scale American invasion of Vietnam. See http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/08/14/peeling-the-911-onion-layers-of-plots-within-plots/)
- The JFK, Martin Luther King and Robert Kennedy assassinations, as well as 9-11, are all believed by serious scholars to be false flag operations orchestrated by US intelligence.
Researchers who study lone nut shooting sprees note that the shooters usually fit a distinctive profile that includes both a military and intelligence background, as well as a clear personality change in the absence of formal mental illness.
Charles Whitman is believed to be the first false flag lone nut shooter. In 1968, Whitman climbed a tower at the University of Texas and shot 16 people. This was a month before Johnson persuaded Congress to pass the first gun control legislation. Whitman, a former Marine, had received training by the Naval Enlisted Science Education Program (NESEP), an intelligence entity. He left a note which read, in part, “I don’t understand what is compelling me to type this note. I have been to a psychiatrist I have been having fears and violent impulses.”
It’s unclear exactly how these men are manipulated into committing senseless acts of mass violence. The most popular theory is that they are the product of a Manchurian candidate scenario, incorporating mind bending techniques the CIA perfected in their MK-ULTRA program in the sixties and seventies.
For further reading (recent lone nut shooting incidents believed to be false flag operations):
Norway terror attacks:
Attack on Congresswoman Gabrielle Gifford:
Virginia tech shootings:
Fort Hood shootings:
Washington DC sniper attacks:
Columbine shootings (unexplained presence of unknown, non-student gunmen):