- Valerie Biden Owens is one of her brother Joe Biden’s closest confidantes and has been involved in every single one of his political campaigns
- She revealed the ‘only race’ she was not ‘enthusiastic’ about was 2020
- ‘I expected, and was not disappointed, that it would be ugly and mean,’ Owens told CBS Mornings co-host Gayle King during a TV interview on Monday
- Owens also brushed off King’s attempts to ask her about Hunter Biden’s laptop
- ‘There hasn’t been a “there” there since it was mentioned in 2019 or whenever it first was,’ the president’s sister replied curtly about the story
- Hunter Biden’s laptop has gained renewed scrutiny after the New York Times and Washington Post reported on it in recent weeks, despite it coming up in 2020
President Joe Biden‘s sister said on Monday that Donald Trump was ‘intent’ on bringing her family down and insisted Hunter Biden is not a problem for the clan, even as he’s facing a rapidly-intensifying federal tax fraud probe.
Valerie Biden Owens, 76, defended her nephew against criticism over his foreign business dealings by insisting there was no ‘”there” there’ since before the 2020 presidential election.
She sat for an interview with CBS Mornings while promoting her new memoir ‘Growing Up Biden.’