I had Giuliani figured out years ago. He’s often thought of as a conservative because of his “law and order” policies when he was mayor of New York and as a US Attorney, but he was just a standard New York liberal Republican. The neocons tried to groom him to be their frontman toward the end of the George W. Bush era. He had some health and other issues that got in the way, so the neocons went with John McCain instead. Then, years later, Giuliani threw in his lot with Trump, another New York liberal.
By Tom Porter, Business Insider
- Attorneys on the Trump campaign legal team described Rudy Giuliani as “deranged” and ill-suited to litigating the legal effort to overturn the election result, reported The Washington Post.
- Giuliani has been mocked for missteps during the legal campaign, with the former New York City mayor holding a bizarre press briefing at a suburban garden center on November 7 after an apparent venue booking mix-up.
- At a press briefing on November 20, where black liquid trickled down Giuliani’s face, fellow campaign attorney Sidney Powell alleged a vast communist conspiracy to overturn the election — while providing no evidence.
- The legal team’s antics have reportedly been too much even for Trump.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Lawyers working on the Trump campaign have said Rudy Giuliani seemed “deranged’ and ill-prepared to lead the legal effort to overturn the election result, reported The Washington Post Sunday.
Leave a Reply