By Adam Payne, Business Insider
- President Donald Trump has filled a series of senior defense positions with loyalists, causing alarm among Pentagon officials.
- Four defense officials, including Mark Esper, the defense secretary, and James Anderson, the acting undersecretary of defense for policy, have either resigned or been sacked since Trump lost the presidential election.
- Anderson was replaced by Anthony Tata, a retired US Army brigadier general who made false claims about President Barack Obama including that he was a “terrorist leader,” CNN reported.
- “This is scary. It’s very unsettling,” one defense official told CNN, adding, “These are dictator moves.”
- Rep. Adam Smith, the chairman of the House Armed Services Committee, said the next few months could be “downright dangerous.”
President Donald Trump is continuing to replace senior defense officials with loyalists, creating alarm in the Pentagon that his rapid overhaul of key staffers could undermine national security.
Since Trump fired Secretary of Defense Mark Esper on Monday, three other Defense Department officials have either resigned or been sacked. James Anderson, the acting undersecretary of defense for policy, quit on Tuesday after clashing with the White House over its attempts to insert allies and controversial figures into top Pentagon positions, Politico reported.
It is my understanding that the “dictator” quote is in regards to Trump trying to pull out of Afghanistan.
Or trump is trying to prevent Biden from stealing the election based on voter shenanigan’s in various swing states. Again you are more then welcome to have this view that trump sucks, democracy sucks, or all politicians sucks but plenty think that Trump is miles above better then Biden/harris and would prefer if trump wins (you could call it reverse chomskies although unlike him I don’t think grandchildren will be underwater). There is a lot of different lawsuits and legal actions which trump and his gang of allies are trying to wield and contrary to most of the media some of them might just work. All it takes is two success (at most 3) for this to work and its watergate plus the JFK assassination on sterioids. This could be the biggest story of the year if of course any of these actually work. Again the mainstream media could all be right but if that is the case why is there so much censorship and seemingly paranoid agreement of the talking heads? If trump does lose then we can watch the intersectional admin of the crime bill author lockdown the US, invade syria to build a gasline, and be rather bellicose towards the russians under susan rice. https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/11/why_scott_adams_of_dilbert_fame_and_i_say_trump_wins_this_thing__bigly.html