As milquetoast as Bret Weinstein’s politics are, his Unity 2020 idea is probably the best one out there at present, as far as anything that is relatively mainstream. Obviously, the ruling class parties are corrupt and incompetent. The minor opposition parties like the Libertarians and Greens are ideological sects with limited appeal to most people, and the “far-right” and “far-left” are overrun with odious extremists (the Freikorps/Falangist wannabes vs the Red Guard wannabes/left-Khomeinists).
By Anthony L. Fisher
- The “intellectual dark web” star Bret Weinstein sees certain disaster for the US if Trump or Biden wins in 2020.
- Weinstein launched “Unity 2020” — a “patriotic” bipartisan ticket with the president and vice president determined by coin flip — in the hopes of uniting the country.
- Unity 2020 has chosen Democratic Rep. Tulsi Gabbard and Republican Rep. Dan Crenshaw for its ticket. But both have already endorsed their respective parties’ nominees.
- Weinstein wants the Libertarian and Green parties to give Unity 2020 their ballot access as a demonstration of their patriotism.
- The Libertarian Party’s executive director told Business Insider that Unity 2020 “feels like snake oil” sold by “people who should know better.”
- “Instead of as spoilers, [third parties] would be understood as heroes,” Weinstein told Business Insider.