US tanker story evades rational reasoning Reply

Press TV. Listen here.

The United States’ assertion that Iran was behind blasts on board two tankers in the Sea of Oman evades rational reasoning, says an American political analyst.

Speaking to Press TV from Virginia on Sunday, Keith Preston said, “The story that the United States is spinning about the attack doesn’t make any sense.”

The US Central Command (CENTCOM) has released a video after the Thursday blasts purportedly showing “Iranian sailors” removing a mine from one vessel’s hull earlier that day.

Refuting the alleged evidence, Preston said, “The tankers that were attacked were owned by parties that are friendly to Iran: Japan and also a Norwegian shipping company that has been doing business with Iran for years.”

PressTV-‘Two tankers hit by explosions in Sea of Oman’

PressTV-‘Two tankers hit by explosions in Sea of Oman’Two large tankers have reportedly been bit by explosions in the Sea of Oman.

“So, it makes no sense that Iran would have carried out attacks of this kind. It certainly wouldn’t have been in Iran’s interest,” added the commentator and author. However, “it appears that the Americans are rushing to blame Iran for the attacks irrespective of what is the actual evidence of that,” he added.

Upon being notified of the incident, Iranian authorities dispatched rescue missions to the area to try and douse the fire. Iranian vessels also took in the tankers’ crewmembers, transferring them to the southern Iranian Jask Port.

PressTV-‘Tankers attacks false flag incident to frame Iran’

PressTV-‘Tankers attacks false flag incident to frame Iran’A senior analyst says recent attacks on tankers near Persian Gulf waters were meant to target Iran.

Pompeo words, actions don’t go together

Separately, Preston addressed recent remarks by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, in which he distanced himself from his usual adversarial rhetoric concerning Iran, alleging that the US does not seek war with the Islamic Republic. “President [Donald] Trump has done everything he can to avoid war. We don’t want war,” Pompeo said on Sunday in an interview with Fox News.

Preston described the US top diplomat’s remarks as “a bit odd” at a time when “the level of bellicosity that’s coming from officials in the Trump administration has certainly escalated.”

“The actions of the members of the Trump administration are not consistent with what they’re actually saying,” Preston added.

He was apparently referring to numerous instances when Pompeo has been trying to forge international consensus against Iran during his overseas’ visits and highlight Washington’s animosity towards Tehran.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s