Keith Preston interviews Thomas N. Naylor of the Second Vermont Republic. Topics include:
- How support for secession grew out of opposition to the wars initiated by the Bush administration;
- The negative impact of the Obama presidency on the secessionist movement;
- How the military-industrial complex has taken over institutions of higher learning;
- Why the Left has been impotent at developing an effective antiwar movement;
- The stigma attached to secession due to the legacy of the Civil War and the Lincoln presidency;
- How Vermont secessionists have been attacked by the Southern Poverty Law Center in retaliation for the threat posed by secessionists to the alliance between the U.S. and Israel;
- The possibility of the break-up of the United States in the same manner as the collapse of communism in the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe.
Thomas N. Naylor, is a Professor Emeritus of Economics at Duke University, the author of thirty books, and a founder of the Second Vermont Republic.