Tom Sunic interviews Michael Kleen on how the educational system disseminates the self-legitimating ideology of the ruling class. Kleen offers a balanced and insightful perspective.
Tom Sunic and Michael Kleen discuss:
- The stated purpose vs. actual purpose of “multicultural education” classes (i.e. for those studying to become teachers);
- Whether multicultural education classes have a legitimate role in the education curriculum;
- The effects of these multicultural education classes on students;
- How multicultural education undermines traditional education goals;
- “Demoralization” in relation to American education;
- Whether public education helpful or harmful to intellectual life.