- Bill Maher began his panel discussion on Friday night by insisting that Republicans ‘played the long game’ to get Roe v Wade overturned
- He also claimed that Americans are ‘basically living in two different countries’ after the conservative majority voted to overturn Roe v Wade
- The decision will now leave abortion rights up to each individual state
- Later in the episode, Maher blamed woke Democrats for losing the abortion rights issue with their progressive language
- Abortion rights are now outlawed in 18 states, and eight other states are set to enact new anti-abortion laws
Abortion was a hot-button issue on Friday night’s episode of Real Time with Bill Maher, with the HBO host saying Americans are ‘living in two different countries’ after the Supreme Court voted to overturn its landmark decision granting Americans the right to an abortion.
Bill Maher began his panel discussion with Andrew Sullivan, a blogger for The Weekly Dish, and Katie Herzog, cohost of the podcast Blocked and Reported, by insisting that Republicans ‘played the long game’ to get Roe v Wade overturned.
‘They play the long game,’ he said. ‘They knew this from the beginning, they put six Catholics on the Supreme Court.’
Categories: Culture Wars/Current Controversies